To disrupt inequity in wellbeing through movement, mindfulness, and advocacy.
Everyone has the right to be well. We recognize that trauma takes a heavy toll and know that movement and mindfulness practices have the power to support mental, physical, and social wellbeing. Yet, systemic inequities create barriers to access. Here to Be exists to help ensure movement and mindfulness practices are available to those who need it, and advocates for systemic change so that everyone can be well.
We partner with organizations that embrace the healing power of movement and mindfulness, and that advocate for civil and human rights. We provide support that includes:
- Funding – application-driven grants, by-invitation grants, and product donations
- Connection – shared resources, learning, and community-building
- Amplification – internal and external storytelling across our platforms
We work with global, national and local organizations that support communities including:
People experiencing systems of inequity due to racial/ethnic identity, LGBTQ+, and disability
Youth, including changemakers and emerging leaders
Humanitarian and disaster relief workers
Here to Be Grant - Core Programming: Access to Movement + Mindfulness
What’s needed to keep the core of your organization’s impact strong? Whether it’s teacher salaries, program evaluation, supplies or spaces to practice in, this grant supports your day-in-day-out work so that you can scale your impact and maintain organizational health. Our Core Programming Grants fund the work of emerging and established non-profit organizations of all sizes that are creating consistent, sustainable and relevant access to movement and mindfulness for the wellbeing of people in your communities.
Your organization is encouraged to apply if:
- You are located in North America, Europe, Australia (for opportunities is Asia or other, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You are a registered non-profit or charity, or are fiscally sponsored by one OR you are an impact-focused registered business operating in Australia or Europe
- Your work is aligned with the Here to Be mission, and you are integrating movement or mindfulness programming
Grant Amounts: $2,500 - $15,000 USD
Applications Open: July 13 – August 9th, 2020
To learn more & apply: Click here
Please note: at this time our application is offered in English only, with more languages coming in 2021.
Our guiding principles for Here to Be anchor how we operate, how we approach partnerships, and every decision in between. They create a foundation for our organization and community to be generative and rooted in integrity, in our actions and relationships. Our guiding principles are:
- State what is missing, invisible or unacknowledged in the room
- Be a stand for representation so more diverse perspectives can be heard
- Acknowledge our responsibility to each other and to the whole of society
- Recognize that our roles and responsibilities are different based on social location
- Cultivate relationships rooted in reciprocity
- Celebrate the learning that emerges out of difference, vulnerability and courage
- Respond to the needs determined by the communities who are most impacted
- Engage in a way that reflects your values and checks your privilege
Lead by following
- Trust those who are closest to the problem to lead
- Listen for understanding: you don’t know what you don’t know
- These principles were co-created by community leaders and lululemon employees representing a range of perspectives. We invite you to join us in creating change from the inside out, rooted in compassion, right action, justice and love.
YOGA MATS DONATED